Library and Information Services
The Shire of Derby/West Kimberley provides Library and Information Services through the Derby and Fitzroy Crossing Public Libraries. Our objective is to provide all residents of the Shire of Derby/West Kimberley with access to library resources and services which meet the various information, recreation and education needs within our community.
Membership is free to permanent residents of the Shire. Just bring along photo ID as well as a document with your current address on it. e.g. Post Office Box Form or Driver's Licence. Visitors are also offered the same free service, however you should talk to the library staff first as there are different types of I.D. required.
If you are under 18 years of age you must bring a parent or guardian with you when you join.
No new memberships will be processed 15 minutes before closing.
Derby and Fitzroy Libraries have a combined stock of over 15,000 volumes providing a great selection of fiction and non-fiction resources for all ages and tastes.
The library collections include:
- books, talking books, eAudio, eBooks and DVDs
- popular magazines and newspapers including The West Australian, Muddy Waters and the Broome Advertiser.
- Indigenous collection which includes resources specifically related to indigenous issues.
- Local History collection which includes books, reports, photographs and cuttings relating to Derby and the West Kimberley.
- Shire minutes, reports and public documents.
- free brochures supplied by Government departments, community organisations and others.